The hosts on The View shared their thoughts Friday on the Netflix documentary surrounding Prince Harry and his wife Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex.
The series has yet to set a release date, but it unleashed its trailer earlier this week while Prince William and his wife Catherine, the Princess of Wales, made a visit to the United States, which caused the hosts to consider the coincidence of the timing. Guest host Ana Navarro suggested that Harry and Meghan could have stopped the trailer from being released at the same time as their family’s trip. Instead, Navarro mused, the pair appear to be “great at marketing themselves.”
“They’ve now earned tens and tens of millions of dollars out of their story which they have been telling, it seems to me, for years now, and they’re very good at it,” Navarro said. She went on to point out that the timing was coincidental enough that it became a topic on their show. “I just wish that every time I saw Meghan and Harry, they weren’t crying and wiping away tears and they were giving me something positive.”
‘WOULD BE NO HUNGER’: ALYSSA MILANO SLAMS MUSK BUYING TWITTER RATHER THAN DONATING
“The most notable thing is they wanted privacy. They were harassed. I do believe everything she said,” host Sara Haines said.
“Who wanted privacy?” Navarro asked sarcastically.
“They wanted protection, and they wanted to leave that,” Haines corrected herself before ultimately agreeing with Navarro. “It’s hard to reconcile the amount of publicity.”
“I got to tell you something, if they want is privacy and to get away from the royal family, they’ve got a hell of a way of doing it,” Navarro said.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE FROM THE WASHINGTON EXAMINER
This documentary series will be the second time Harry and Meghan share insight into their life as royals. The pair last went on the record with Oprah Winfrey in March 2021.